1) The Shop Rite Parking Lot (Luis Marin Blvd): Why is it that when some people finish their grocery-shopping, they leave their goddamn cart in the empty parking space near their car – where the HELL am I supposed to park now? Aggravating!
a) While on the subject of “Shop Rite”: When I’m loading the belt with my groceries, WAIT until I’m finished, THEN place your groceries on the belt. Some start loading “their” groceries, leaving me no room to place my remaining items. Then they have the nerve to look frustrated when I state, “Oh…I’m not done loading the belt and I need the space – thanks!”
b) If you are a Teller, I really don’t care to hear you shouting across to your co-worker about how much you hate working for Shop Rite, or about last night’s horrible date, or even what your kids did yesterday.
2) The Newport Center Exit/Entry Doors: When some of you are waiting for your “rides,” do NOT block the doors AND THEN get an attitude when I sternly say, “Excuse me.”
3) Common Courtesy: When I hold the doors for you, whether you are male or female, a simple “Thank You” would be great. Some say nothing (as if I’m supposed to extend this courtesy.) When I remind them with a “Oh – you’re welcomed!” then they get it, but why do I have to remind you of your manners?
a) More on “manners”: While sharing an elevator, if someone says, “Good morning,” “Hi,” “How are you?” or some other kinds of salutations, be polite in return and RESPOND.
4) Public High Schools: Just because some one attends Dickinson, Ferris, and Snyder, it does not give you the right to call that student (or ANY student) derogatory names. Call someone “low-rent” long enough and they’ll become just that…KNOCK IT OFF!
5) Public Food Consumption: If hanging out in front of my building’s entry way, sitting in the neighborhood park, or even just walking down the street – if you have food items, please dispose of your trash in the trash cans, NOT on the city sidewalks (or my front stairs.) I called someone out on this “behavior” the other day, and he actually asked, “Do you own this building?” Uhm…what?? I have to own the building to tell you to stop littering the entryway to my home??
a) If you are one of those people who eats while walking down the street (pizza, fried chicken, burgers, hotdogs, etc.,) please use a napkin before your touch public door handles – yuck!
6) Communication: If you are an employee of a store, and you do not understand American English, Castilian Spanish, or even if I’m just speaking a little too fast for you (it happens), please do not say, “We don’t have it,” just to get rid of me. On occasion, I will ask back, “Did you understand my request?” If you say no, then you’re going to hear my mouth. If you say yes, and you can’t repeat my request back to me, then you are going to hear my mouth (sometimes, it’s not so pretty.)
7) Parking: Park just slightly behind the Meter – do not park your car where the meter ends up at the middle of your car…you’re taking up two spots, a**!
a) More on Meters: If it’s broken, why can’t we park there until you (Jersey City Trans. Dept.) fix it?? Things break, but why does the public have to lose a “spot” for weeks until you get around to fixing it?
8 ) Mobile Phones: When you are on a mobile phone, most people do not realize how LOUD they are speaking (it’s because unlike land lines, you cannot “hear” your voice through the phone, so you are speaking loudly to ensure you are being heard…you don’t realize you’re doing this, but that’s exactly what you’re doing.) It is so invasive to privacy – mine, not yours. Most times, it’s just Too Much Info for any one person to bear…lower the tones please!!